Good Luck, 2013
By Jen Lewis
Starting a new year is a really big deal. But so is ending a year - especially this one.
2012 was awesome. Knowing that this is my last morning in it is kind of a sad moment for me - because I'm trying to figure out how on earth 2013 is going to stand up to it. When I look at everything I did this year - all the trips I took, the people I met, the accomplishments I made and the things I learned - it's crazy to think that it's finishing up now!
Let's take a look at what happened in 2012...
- I jumped out of an airplane with the beautiful Jessica Estes.
- I spent two months in Morocco learning Arabic, making friends and memories and realizing how big this world is.
- I went on a road trip with my family down to see my mum's side of the family in Southern California.
- I took an awesome trip to San Francisco with the lovely Netti Knowles.
- I started helping out with the middle school youth group at Antioch Church and met some SUPER cool kids that are going to change the world someday.
- I got to take a trip to the coast with my favorite Hollie Conger, if only for just one wonderful day!
- I went snowshoeing for the first time with three girls that I am SO blessed to have in my life: Andrea, Megan and Melissa!
- I spent a glorious night in London and took a bus tour through the pouring rain and cold.
- I went to the Justice Conference in February and became more aware of what's happening in the world.
- I moved out of my parents' house and in with Brooklyn and Katie, some of the coolest people I know.
- I became the RA for the dorms for the best school of all time - Kilns College.
- My beautiful niece, Ava Doreen West was born, making me the happiest aunt ever.
Damn. 2012 was awesome. 2013, I DARE you to try and one up this year. Good luck.